Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Codex: Adepta Sororitas Army List

Good news all! Adepta Sororitas (Formally known as Sistes of Battle) have a new codex, and yes, even with all the negative comments about the new 'dex, I am a very happy camper. With all the doom and gloom reported on the fate of my Sisters, I am happy that we got love, and not just the pass-it-on love of which they could of solely republished the White Dwarf Codex (and charge money for it!) but they gave us an honest update to sixth edition!

And, going against the wave on this one, almost everything got better. I am always a glass half-full type of guy, but I can see use for most of the units now.

But I digress, here is my current 'proto' list; and I will explain my reasoning of my choices:

Headquarters:
Saint Olivia- 135pts
*I used to play Jacobus, but with his new lower stats (ld 9!!!), I am now playing the Saint. I never played her with the White dwarf codex, due to my friends not liking the ability to not kill her, but now, she is very fair, and has a very good cost. I love giving her the Lascannon with my Ageis Defense Line, it gives her a use for her impressive BS 7. Though this means I use her defensively, but she rocks at it.  


Troops:
20 Battle Sisters(240)
+Multi-Melta (10)
+Melta (10)
*Priest (25)
+Book of St. Lucian (5)
=290pts

*My lawn chair unit. With a priest, it takes forever to take them down. Anything scary that comes near them have to deal with two meltas. Plus, if any other squads runs away, they will regroup around them. They are my rock to this army list. 

9 Battle Sisters (108)
+HF (10)
+Flamer (5)
*Crazy Ol' Man (Priest) (25)
+Plasma-gun (15)
+combi-flamer(10)
+Melta-bombs (5)
*Sacred Rhino (40)
+laud Hailer (10)
+Dozer (5)
=233
*One of my take-objective units, I always head in the direction where I can team up with my outflanking /scouting dominions. Laud Hailer is key to keep the faiths/war hymns from working.  When I get one, this unit will be going into a Repressor. 

Heavy Support:
Exorcist of Chad – 125
+Storm Bolter (5)
+Laud Hailer (10)
Holy Shrine of Barbara – 125
=265
* I am taking out the laud Hailer, with the Saint hanging out in the back field this piece of gear is useless, but the tanks are awesome. Focus fire for the win! 
5 Battle Sisters (60)
+HF (10)
+Flamer (5)
+Vet(10)
-Combi-Flamer (10)
-Power Maul (15)
*Priest(25)
-Eviscerator (30)
-Combi-flamer(10)
*Holy-Flame Immolator w/ Dozer (65)
=240
*I use this unit defensively and offensively depending on the scenario and the army I am fighting against. I am tempted to switch out the heavy flamer for a multi-melta  since that's a free. A lot of people look down on the Eviscerator, but....I love me some 2-3 str 10 ap2 hits! It surprises many people!

Fast Attack:
5 Dominions (65)
+Three Meltaguns (30)
+Simulacrum Imperialis (10)
+Plasma Pistol (15)
*Old Man Smitpz (Priest) (25)
+Condemnor Boltgun (10)
+Litanies of Faith: (15)
*Holy-Melta Immolator w/ Dozer (65)
=235
 *One of the best units in the book; many people claim to take three,but thus far I am happy with one. I don't like rolling out with less than 4 troops, and I don't want to take out an Excorcist. I am tempted to take out the Litanies of Faith, and put in a Vet. Sister instead. I was worried that three meltaguns won't do the job, but (so far!) they are just doing fine. I am trying hard to make them not go into a suicide role, but rather a supportive one. It's not the competitive choice, but I don't like throwing my Men into a no-win will-die scenario. I always play with them going in with multiple squads. 
~Sistershood of Saints (Grey Knights) ~

High Lord Inquisitor Oleg of Tarsis Ultra, Ordo Hereticus (25)
-Inferno pistol (10), Power Armor (8), Psyker (power - pyro) (30), Servo-Skull(3)= 76 pts
Sisterhood of Saints {Grey Knight Terminators} (200pts)
-Incinerator (5) = 205pts
San Leor Pattern Storm Raven Gunship, Nadezhda (205)
-Las Cannon, Multi-melta
-Hurricane bolters (30), = 235pts
* My fun squad! My prime take-objective unit, usually going in where the Dominion squad are rolling up. These guys have been awesome. A serious threat that takes the enemy at least two turns to take'em down, which give the rest of the Sister army breathing room to move out. I have been having problems with Gravguns, they take out Terminators too easily (which is funny because I was hoping that 6th would be the return of the Terminators, but oh well).  From now on against Space Marines they will be moving to assault, which will probably mean my Storm Raven will go *boom*, but at least they can mop-up some Space marines troops off their home objective. 

Ageis Defense Line (50)
+35 Icurus Lascannon
=85
*The frosting on the cake. I prefer the lascannon because it makes my Saint the boss. Also, for those vehicles hiding in cover, pair her up with a dominion squad and ignore cover. Fun times! Plus my exorcist hugs the ADL granting them a 4+ cover. 

=1999pts

Below is my 'pure' list. I havn't played it yet though, when I do; I'll come and comment about the other pieces of the Sisters. 

Pure Sisters:

Saint Olivia – 135pts

Cannoness Vanderaa – 110pts
w/ Inferno & Blade of A

Command Squad:
w/Hospitaller, Heavy Flamer, 3 power swords
·       Priest w/ Litanies of Faith w/ Melta bomb
·       Priest w/ Power sword & Condemnor boltgun
=225pts

*Rhino + Dozer + Laud Hailer =55pts

Troops:

19 Battle Sisters
+ Multi-melta
+Flamer
·       Priest w/ Book of St. Lucian
=273 pts
10 Battle Sisters
+Heavy Flamer
+Flamer
·       Crazy Priest w/ Plasma-gun, combi-flamer, Melta Bomb
=190pts

5 Battle Sisters
+Heavy Flamer
+Flamer
*Priest w/ Eviscerator
*Immolator w/ MM& Dozer = 190pts

Fast Attack:
10 Battle Sisters
+ Sim. Imp.
+Vet
+4 meltaguns
=190 pts

5 Seraphim
+ 2 sets of Flamers
=95pts

Heavy Support:

Two Excorcist
+ Laud Hailer, Storm Bolter
=265 pts

Retributors:
6 Battle Sisters
+4H. Flamers
+Vet 
*Immolator w/H. Flamer& dozer
=187 pts

ADL w/ Lascannon = 85pts 

No comments:

Post a Comment